Monday, July 22, 2013

A presentation fiasco!!!!

As it mostly happens with happenings of unprecedented redundancy, people start taking such things very lightly. Yet a shake up or wake up call is enough to remind one that things are to be taken up as they are supposed to be!!!!
Confused??!!! So was I!!!! And that too until today morning, when an extraordinary "shake" brought me out of my comfort zone and on to this last refuge of mine!!!
Giving presentations has never been a big thing for me (at least I thought so!!). But suddenly today morning I found myself in a position that could be best described as..........dumbstruck!!!
Going through each and every point of my slides was a man who found nothing right in them and adding insult to the injury were a merry band of harmless (that is what I think they are) classmates.
Damn it!!! I thought!!! And the more I damned the situation, the more damned I was left!!
Every point on my slide was countered even before I could utter a word of explanation. All I could do was to deal with my silent mouth which was still open from the last attempt to explain and an improper gesture that my hand had mapped for my gagged words.
Seriously speaking, I felt more like a hapless mime artist than a presenter who was trying to express through only gestures.
Left sulking at the center stage (It might well had been the center of hell), all this lasted for exactly one hour ten minutes and a few more painful seconds (I am serious!!!).
And hence came to an end one of the most horrible (by conservative estimates) ordeals of my life in recent times.
And as I try to enjoy a beautiful evening, the morning still haunts me and a harmless classmate again makes sure that I can't!!!! Damn it!!!! I hate harmless people!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It was'nt that bad! You have to consider that we were actually taking a class, instead of our very competant professor

    ReplyDelete