Saturday, January 21, 2012

I am a common Indian

I am an unknown name,
and I am a common Indian,
like you like them, like anyone,
I am a common Indian.

I walk the roads every morning,
Starting with a prayer,
Dreams in eyes, hopes in heart,
I never expect despair.
Each Step I take I see new things,
My precious hopes take new beatings.

I see the dazzling temples of wealth,
I feel the awe of heaven seventh,
In this shadow of the temples of wealth,
I see little men devoid of health.

I see my pizza coming in a jiffy,
I find it hot, tasty and puffy,
Yet I wait for the ambulance to come,
Feeling helpless shameless dumb.

I wait at a shop, window shopping,
Clinging to the money that I call saving,
Yet at some signal funny,
I bribe my precious hard earned money.

As if that was not enough,
I got everyone at my door to bluff,
Folding my hands in shameless unison,
They show us a pretty twisted vision,
When it matters for an honest opinion,
They show there pride in shameless division.

All this I see with seething rage,
Clenching my fists in utter outrage,
Willing for a change wishing a miracle,
Like you like them like anyone,
I am a common Indian.

No comments:

Post a Comment