Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Best moment or worst moment??

Life is always full of ironies and moments that tend to break you apart yet call it the beauty of living your life off the edge or the unfolding of the little precious feelings out of the rubbles of disaster, you get to live the best moments of your life only during such times.
Yes, that is a very different question that whether you get to enjoy it instantly or not but you surely cherish that moment throughout your life as one of the best moments when you come to know that you are being loved and cared for.
Although it would be a horrible mistake to ignore the importance of other beautiful moments but as I earlier said, it is the moments of disaster that brings out the best.
And hence, the same is true for my best moment in college life. It was a moment that filled me with hope and it was a moment that made me believe in love, it was an evening…..
An evening without anything extraordinary about it barring the fact that our semester results had been declared, and the maverick I am who was never tensed about the examinations ought to be tensed about the results. And yes, I was. I approached the notice board full of hope, prayers and apprehensions ignoring the rush of over excited students who had definitely prepared well for their examinations.
One careful glance at the list of roll numbers displayed and I knew that my worst nightmare had come true- I had flunked. Two or three more scrutinies didn’t help either. Neither did the declarations of an auxiliary list by a rumour spreader. Dejected I was coming out of the crowd; the whole world seemed to be worthless. Ridiculous it is that people expect to succeed without putting an effort but the truth is that they do, and they also feel the pangs of failure. And so did I.
Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by a familiar and soothing voice. Even before she asked something, I told her everything and then came the moment that gave me such a feeling that no award, no praise ad no achievement had ever given me….. she held my hand tightly and let me feel the warmth of care and after some time snatched my admit card and went into the crowd to confirm what I had confirmed four times. She came back crestfallen and I could see that she was feeling the same agony as I was and she was in as much pain as I was. Suddenly she gave me a warm and loving hug and I started forgetting all the pain and disappointment. At that time I wished to say a million things but I was speechless, I felt like shedding a billion tears but I couldn’t. all I felt was a serene peace prevailing upon me and slowly seizing my inner self, driving out all the negative thoughts, and at last I was calm and steady.


Strange it may appear to all of you but true, the worst moment of my college life led to the best moment of my college life. Being at the lowest point of one’s life is really very painful
but being told at that time that you are not alone means a lot. It reinforces your belief in your relationships and above all in your own self.
Soon after that my excellent friends helped me out of the situation very quickly and it would be unfair to say that their love and affection was in any way lesser but the quenching after the blow was too much to be ignored. Still when I look back to that moment, I am always filled with a magical sense of well being.
And so my belief strengthens that the best moments in your life are not the moments when everything is favourable and all are with you, they are the moments when you are in the deepest depths and someone assures you with love and care, helping you come out of it.

3 comments:

  1. touching!
    that's life-collection of such small yet precious moments.a 'MOMENT OF SUNSHINE'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply amazing! Well said brother, it was indeed quite touching. Please keep writing, hope to hear more of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete